Money Talks

This current interactive blog based project debuted at Fluxfest Chicago 2017 and tracks responses to the "Is Art Dead? Money Talks..." project.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Jennifer Weigel: June 18, 2016

Day's response: uncertainty...  Perhaps art is lost...

I debuted my busking project today in Davis Square from 11 AM - 1 PM.  I received a lot of notice but people did not interact with me directly, though I overheard one passerby mutter, "I've heard of that."  (I'm not sure I know what he meant, or if he himself does...)  Despite not getting the crowd response I may have desired, or any funds, I still think the performance was successful and provides some insights into the discourse I am seeking to spawn with this project.

I am keeping an ongoing log of how performances went, things to look into & consider, improvements and more.  I am looking into some events I can try to perform at in which more of the art community will be involved.  I am also planning to return to Davis Square on a semi-regular basis to build recognition in the hopes that people will open up to me over time; many passersby walked past more than once and I think given time will open up.




No comments:

Post a Comment